We’re looking for passionate, experienced and opinionated UX folks to guest blog for UXbyDesign. Your posts could be around: UX best practices, methodology and process, emerging technology and trends, product reviews, tools of the trade, or anything you are passionate about and is directly related to UX. In fact, we want you to bring your ideas and voice to the table. They could take the form of articles, video, photos, presentations, cartoons, info-graphics, etc. Whichever serves as the ideal platform for your story.
Why guest blogging is good for you
- Get Quality Traffic
By simply inserting a link back to your business or blog in each post you write, you can drive quality and relevant traffic back to your website.
- Build Search Engine and Domain Name Authority
Over time, all the links back to your blog or business will increase the rank of your website, with the goal to appear on Google’s page one.
- Boost Your Online Influence
By broadcasting your voice on other websites you increase the likelihood of being heard.
- Build-Up Your Authority
The more you blog about a particular topic, the more authoritative you become. Soon you will be seen as a thought leader and this opens up all kinds of doors.
- Enhance Your Credibility and Portfolio
A vast writing portfolio can greatly help anyone in achieving respect, and guest blogging is with no doubt one of the most efficient methods in this regard.
- Improve Your Writing Skills
Practice makes perfect, and guest blogging allows you to find a tone and voice, but also improves your technique.
- Increase Your Brand Awareness and Exposure
Overall, you will be noticed more and associated to a particular style of writing, topic, and how it relates to your business (if you have one.)
- Find Out What Other People Really Think About You
With all blogs comes feedback through comments. While this can be scary, take a step back and use it as a learning experience that drives you to improve in identified areas.
Some other good reads
- Top 5 Benefits of Guest Blogging
- Guest Blogging benefits galore
- 8 Huge benefits of Guest Blogging for SEO
UX Guest Blogger requirements
- We ask that the article you write is exclusive to UXbyDesign.
- Do NOT commit plagiarism.
- The topic needs to be UX related.
- If you are inserting images, make sure you have permission and/or the right to do so.
- Keep the length suitable for online consumption. (Not too long, but long enough to provide real value).
- Be open to edit suggestions. (We don’t edit much – this pertains mainly to spelling, grammar and SEO optimization).
How guest blogging works with us
If you are chosen as a UX guest blogger, the workflow is setup to be as smooth as possible for both of us:
- We setup your very own blogging account within our WordPress system.
- You will be able to log in, write, insert images, edit, save and submit for review.
- We receive your submission and provide feedback or approve immediately.
- The post then gets added to our blog, with your name associated to it, along with your inserted link back to your business/blog website.
- We promote your posting via social media, encouraging people to read and comment.
- We encourage you to link back to UXbyDesign.org from your website.
- Rinse and repeat!
If you are interested in applying as a UX guest blogger, please contact us.